If anyone has been following my studio move posts you may have noticed that I've never posted the final results. That's because after being in this space for 7+ months we never actually got it finished or opened up our retail store (though I did make it look pretty for Joy one day). The area that was supposed to become the store quickly became storage space for boxes of cards and other things. We've been looking for a new space with more room for our studio and a proper area to serve as a storefront.
Soo, we are now moving to a new space a few blocks away. I've decided to continue the series and document the process of our build-out. This time it will be a much bigger project and we are not moving in until it's completely done so that'll keep us motivated to finish quickly.
here are a few photos...
the new studio/store is the brick space with the 3 windows and we have some fun plans to spice up the exterior (which includes getting rid of the icky green awnings). Our city offers grants to businesses to help pay for façade work to be done so I am planning on applying for this to help ease my costs (I'm working with a pretty strict budget).
our friends Blair & Craig are doing our buildout (Blair is the one who made this). the day after signing the lease they'd already cleared out most of the tile and random walls that the previous tenant installed. I'm now quite overwhelmed at the amount of space we have but very excited about the potential.
we're going to be located in the Hannibal Square district of Winter Park, fl. ...just a few blocks away from our current location (around the corner form Dexter's for those who live here). It's more of a quaint business district with brick streets, boutique shops & restaurants.